Curry, Dr Andrew
MA(Cantab) MB BChir FRCA FFICM
Adult and paediatric cardiac anaesthesia, and cardiac intensive care
Training and education
- MA (Pharmacology) - Girton College, Cambridge University, 1996
- MB BChir - Cambridge University, 1998
- Accident and emergency trauma surgery - Addenbroooke’s and Hinchingbrooke, 2000
- Senior house officer in anaesthesia - Norfolk and Norwich, East Anglia, 2001 to 2003
- Specialist registrar anaesthesia rotation - Wessex, 2003 to 2008
Dr Curry was appointed as a consultant cardiac anaesthetist in April 2008, after spending a sub-specialty year at the Trust from 2006 to 2007.
He also worked at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA in paediatric cardiac anaesthesia from 2009 to 2010.
- NCEPOD advisor 2002
- Wessex anaesthetic trainee representative, 2006 to 2007
- Clinical lead for education and governance in cardiac anaesthesia 2008-18
- Clinical lead for congenital cardiac anaesthesia from 2015 onwards
- Patient blood management chair from 2016 onwards
- Director of cardiac intensive care from 2018 onwards
Dr Curry's key research interests are in:
- adult cardiac anesthesia and intensive care
- coagulation management in cardiac surgery
- the univentricular (Fontan) circulation
- grown-up congenital heart disease
- extra-corporeal life support (ECLS)
- pulmonary hypertension and perioperative care.