Gande, Dr Anthony Richard
BM BCh BA FRCA
- Pre-operative (before surgery) assessment of children
- ENT (ear, nose and throat anaesthesia)
Training and education
- Qualified at Oxford University -1993
- Anaesthesia training in Wessex and Michigan, USA
- Accredited in 2004
Dr Gande is a consultant anaesthetist who has worked for UHS since May 2004. He specialises in pre-operative assessment of children and anaesthesia for ENT, (ear, nose and throat) procedures. His clinical interests include looking after patients with difficult airways.
He has over a decade of experience in anaesthesia, with 18 months of sub-specialty training in paediatric anaesthesia (12 months in the USA), and five years' consultant practice with interests in paediatric and ENT surgery.
- Postgraduate education lead for anaesthetic department since 2006.
- Improved service for patients having airway surgery through the introduction of high frequency jet ventilation in ENT surgery (in use since mid 2008).