Huber, Dr Jonathan
BMus(Hons) BM FRCA MAcadMEd FHEA
- Adult and paediatric cardiac anaesthesia
- Adult cardiac intensive care
Training and education
- Bachelor of Medicine, graduate entry programme - University of Southampton (2008)
- Postgraduate specialist training in anaesthesia - Wessex rotation (2011 to 18)
- Fellow - Royal College of Anaesthetists (2014)
- Membership - Academy of Medical Educators (2015)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education (2016), and Fellow - Higher Education Academy (2017)
- Doctors as Educators accreditation - Royal College of Physicians (2017)
- Advanced training fellowships in cardiac anaesthesia and cardiac intensive care (one year, 2016 to 17), and paediatric anaesthesia (one year, 2017 to 18), UHS.
Dr Huber has worked as a consultant at UHS since 2018. His interests are:
- anaesthesia for neonates, infants and children with congenital heart disease undergoing cardiac surgery, cardiac intervention, or non-cardiac procedures
- anaesthesia and cardiac intensive care for adults with acquired heart disease or congenital heart disease undergoing cardiac surgery, cardiac intervention, or non-cardiac procedures.
He co-leads the cardiac intensive care fellow programme. He also teaches on the undergraduate programmes at the University of Southampton School of Medicine, and is a facilitator with their graduate-entry programme.
He has carried out research in collaboration with the Systematic Review Initiative research group at NHS Blood and Transplant, Oxford.
- Huber J, Stanworth SJ, Doree C, et al. Prophylactic plasma transfusion for patients without inherited bleeding disorders or anticoagulant use undergoing non-cardiac surgery or invasive procedures. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019;11(11):CD012745. Published 2019 Nov 28.
You can contact Dr Huber through the anaesthetic department secretaries by email or by telephone on 023 8120 6135.