White, Dr Lucy A
MA, BM BCh, MRCP, FRCA
Urology and trauma orthopaedics
Training and education
- MA medical science, Cambridge University, 1985
- BM BCh, Oxford University, 1988
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians after medical rotation in Southampton, 1992
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, 1995.
Dr White has provided anaesthesia for trauma orthopaedics since 2004. Her particular interest within this service is patients with fractured hips, and patient experience. Dr White has provided anaesthesia for major urological surgery over the same period. During this time, the surgical pre-assessment service has been set up to improve the pre-operative phase experience for patients.
- Setting up the fast track pathway for fractured hip.
- Establishing consultant anaesthetist input to surgical pre-assessment.
- Royal College of Anaesthetists lead for patient information.
Awards and prizes
Royal College of Anaesthetists : Humphrey Davy Medal for services to the speciality
Raising the Standard : Information for Patients (RCoA 2001)
Information Resource for patients including information on risks associated with having an anaesthetic