Nolan, Dr Kathleen
Intensive care medicine
Training and education
Regional advisor in intensive care medicine
Dr Nolan has worked for the Trust since May 1996.
She was a senior registrar in anaesthetics in Dublin, Ireland from 1987 to 1990, and a lecturer in anaesthesia at Royal London Hospital, London from 1990 to 1993.
Between 1993 and 1996, Dr Nolan was a senior registrar in intensive care medicine at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
- Research into metabolic acidosis at the Royal London Hospital
- Regional advisor in intensive care medicine
- Chair of the intensive care medicine specialty training course.
- Lead consultant for intensive care, 2005 to 2008.
- Contrasting haemodynamic and metabolic effects in Diabetic Ketoacidosis and hypovolaemic Lactic acidosis of treatment with sodium bicarbonate or ‘Carbicarb’ Clinical Intensive Care 1994; 5: 157 Therapeutic Approach to Bronchospasm and Asthma. Oxford Textbook of Critical Care.