Brown, Dr Ivan William
MBBS, FRCS, FRCR
Training and education
- Graduated from the Royal Free Medical School, University of London, 1974
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, 1980
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, 1990
- Radiology training in St Mary’s and Royal London Hospitals, 1987 to 1994
- Specialist registration in clinical radiology, 1996.
Clinical fellow in cardiothoracic radiology, Southampton, 1994 to 1996.
Dr Brown has worked for the Trust since May 1997.
He has 13 years of post-graduate surgical experience, including three years of cardiothoracic surgery. From 1996 to 1997, Dr Brown worked as a consultant radiologist at the London Chest Hospital and the Royal London.
Dr Brown is the lead consultant for cardiothoracic radiology and clinical effectiveness.
Dr Brown was a member of the procurement and commissioning teams for:
- the radiology information system, 1996 and upgrade in 2004
- MRI scanner, 2002
- new cardiac angiography equipment for regional cardiac centre, 2006
- Agfa PACS pilot 2004, Trustwide PACS and RIS 2006.
He is also a former joint organiser of a London-based course for the primary radiology fellowship examination.