Harden, Dr Stephen
MA (Cantab), MB BS(Lond), FRCS (Eng), FRCR (UK)
Training and education
- Undergraduate and preclinical studies - University of Cambridge
- Clinical training - St Thomas’ Hospital, London
- Training in radiology - Wessex
- Formal training in cardiac MRI at the German Heart Institute in Berlin, in cardiac CT in Erlangen, Germany and in PET/CT at University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Dr Harden has worked for the Trust since August 1999.
He has experience and special interest in adult and congenital cardiac MRI, particularly stress imaging for ischaemia, and also interest in interstitial lung disease.
Dr Harden is part of the University Hospital Southampton PET/CT reporting team, with a special interest in lung cancer imaging.
- President of the British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging - 2012-2015
- Head of Wessex School of Radiology
- Fellow of the international Society of Cardiovascular CT
Awards and prizes
- Royal College of Radiologists Travelling Cardiac Professor 2015-2017
Dr Harden has had publications in UK and international radiology, respiratory and cardiac journals, and has lectured at national and international courses and conferences.