Peebles, Dr Charles
MBBS, MRCP, FRCR
Training and education
Dr Peebles trained in the Wessex radiology training scheme, followed by two years of specialist cardiac and thoracic imaging fellowships, the first in Papworth Hospital and the second at Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand.
Dr Peebles has worked for University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust since May 2002.
As well as covering all aspects of cardiac and thoracic radiology, Dr Peebles' sub-specialty interest is in cardiac MRI and CT. Southampton provides one of the largest and most comprehensive CMR services in the UK, with particular experience in stress imaging, congenital heart disease and cardiac CT.
- President of the British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging.
- Editorial board position for the Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Peebles C. Computed tomographic coronary angiography: how many slices do you need? Heart. 2006 May;92(5):582-4
- PMID: 16614268 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Peebles CR. Non-invasive coronary imaging: computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging?Heart. 2003 Jun;89(6):591-4. No abstract available.PMID: 12748207 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Jackson E, Bellenger N, Seddon M, Harden S, Peebles C. Ischaemic and non-ischaemic cardiomyopathies--cardiac MRI appearances withdelayed enhancement.Clin Radiol. 2007 May;62(5):395-403. Epub 2007 Feb 26. Review.PMID: 17398263 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE].