Ditchfield, Dr Adam
MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCR
Training and education
- MBBS (bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery) - London, 1990
- MRCP (membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians) (UK) - 1994
- FRCR (fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists) - 1999
- Montpellier advanced stroke course - 2014
- Madrid PHIL liquid embolic course - 2015
Dr Ditchfield is a consultant neuroradiologist who joined the Trust in May 2002. His subspecialty interests include brain tumours, skull base pathology (including eye sockets), cross-sectional imaging of ear, nose and throat pathology and neuromuscular disorders.
Dr Ditchfield regularly treats both emergency and elective patients with aneurysms and dural fistulae (abnormal connections between arteries and veins in the outer layer of the brain and spine). In patients who have had an acute (sudden-onset) stroke, he performs intra-arterial clot retrieval, a procedure to remove a blood clot on the brain.
- Providing acute treatment for ruptured aneurysms and stroke
- Being the regional skull base radiology lead
- Being part of the regional service for muscle MRI
Awards and achievements
- Borland scholarship - 1990
- UKNG travelling fellowship - Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, 2000
Dr Ditchfield's research interests include:
- Treatment of aneurysms and dural fistulae
- Skull base radiology
- Neuromuscular and genetic imaging
You can contact Dr Ditchfield via his secretary, Lesley Halliday.