Skiadas, Dr Vasileios
Training and education
- University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine - 1990 to 1996
- Radiology registrar - 401 General Military Hospital, Athens, 2000 to 2001
- Radiology registrar - Areteion Hospital, University of Athens, 2001 to 2006
- Consultant general radiologist - 401 General Military Hospital, Athens, 2006 to 2011
Musculoskeletal fellow - Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital NHS Trust, February 2011 to November 2012
Dr Skiadas joined the Trust as a consultant musculoskeletal and trauma radiologist in February 2013.
He reports all types of musculoskeletal scans, and performs all types of musculoskeletal image-guided diagnostic and therapeutic interventional procedures.
Awards and prizes
- Voted radiology trainer of the year 2016 by the radiology registrars and nominated for the Shine Award 2016 for the most inspiring educator of the year at the Wessex Deanery.
- Awarded certificate of merit at ECR 2016 for the presentation 'Sonographic appearances of benign soft tissue lumps and bumps. Hints and tips for differential diagnosis.' I. Katsimilis, C. Lord, R. Kulanthaivelu, V. T. Skiadas. ECR 2016.
- Awarded poster prize at ESSR 2015 for the presentation 'The “whys and wheres” of metal work around the shoulder.' N. Purohit, I. Katsimilis, R. Ray, N. J. Menon, V. T. Skiadas, M.Sampson. ESSR 2015.
- The paper entitled 'MRI characteristics of cysts and “cyst-like” lesions in and around the knee: what the radiologist needs to know.' E Perdikakis, V Skiadas., published in Insights into Imaging in 2013, received 2,892 downloads in 2013 and was therefore awarded the Insights into Imaging award for the most downloaded paper of 2013.
You can contact Dr Skiadas via Anna Mcathey on 023 8120 6010.